Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yip, Yip, Hooray - I Just Got Myself A Segway



Funny how one thing leads to another and before you know it, you stumble across something you may never have seen before. This happens to me all the time in SL. I go off looking for one thing and end up somewhere I never knew existed or somewhere I hadn't intended to visit.

If I retrace my steps, I started off looking at !lamb where I saw a cigarette in an ashtray as a prop. Remembering that I'd been looking for one of these I inspected and headed off to a place called Shinsaibashi. The item wasn't for sale in the shop so wandered around the sim and found his awesome Segway from a place called Wing Factory. Now I'd seen these Segway's in Abu Dhabi at the hotel where we stayed. Staff were zipping round on them and I would have given my Louis Vuitton Speedy for a ride. No, actually I wouldn't.  Anyhow here's the next best thing...a SL Segway. I swear it's the best 50L's I've ever, ever spent.  Now I don't know why but when I speed around on it, I think I must be going too fast even for lag to catch me...it's magic.



The Segway has a color change script and also height/position adjustment scripts. You wear it on your left hand and because Cha is so tall, I did need to fiddle a bit to raise the bar. It also has a fly mode for those times where you need a lift. Just brilliant. The fact that it changes color to match my outfits totally won me over.

To celebrate the occasion of my test drive, I thought 'Who can I wear?' There was no choice, it had to be Yip. four Yip, the altruistic creator/designer of some of the most inspired, amazing pieces I've seen in SL has given me so much joy over the years. I wanted fantasy, feminine and fun so thew on Yip's anouska outfit.



I found this amazing sim called Minute Papillon at Belle Vent to take these pics. Played around WL and I must say, I'm loving this series.






We have some talented blogger's who do this ultra-feminine, whimsical style so very well and I'm very much drawn to it especially when I'm feeling mellow.  Thank you to the designers who made up this, one of my favorite looks.

The List:

Skin: Elle in Pale Make Up #8 from Belleza
Hair: Mena in Swedish by Truth
Eyes: Expressive Eyes in Blue #4 by Nany Merlin
Top, Skirt and Hair Flowers: Anouska outfit from Yip
Socks: Pastel socks in Verdi from BiancaF
Shoes: Chi Chi Pumps in Pink by Maitreya
Bag: The Farfelu Bag by Mimi Lu - Paper Couture
Bracelets: Tennis Bracelets by Aluinn
Segway from Wing Factory 

2 comments:

  1. "Staff were zipping round on them and I would have given my Louis Vuitton Speedy for a ride. No, actually I wouldn't." -- LOL!

    You make me want to be a better blogger, Chalice, as in actually exerting some energy to put together interesting outfits and setting up decent photos somewhere outside my living room.

    *sings "Wind Beneath My Wings" and wanders off*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww we have a bit of a mutual appreciation society going on here Em. I adore your take on things and I don't want to think about the day you stop writing and I can't read about the world according to Em.

    xxx

    Thanks for the comments sweetie. My energy/motivation definitely comes in spurts so I have fun when it's fun.

    ReplyDelete