Sunday, November 8, 2009

Power To The Flower



I'm a sucker for a flower.  They make me happy and remind me that someone knew what they were doing when the earth was created.  Have you closely looked at a hoya, a beautifuly formed  rose or smelled the incredible scent of the frangipani?  Nature is where I think real beauty exists.  So feeling some flower power was the order of the day, I searched the wardrobe and found another stunner from Stitch by Stitch titled 'May Shower'.  Seven has done a wonderful job of the bubble skirt which is not easy as I have found with other similar styles...your legs often come out of the skirt but this one is perfect.  This sits really well and I love the flower edging around the decolletage.  Colored flower clusters are strewn around the skirt and the tulle belt adds some whimsy.

Searching for more flowers, I checked through my hat boxes and found a gorgeous coronet of roses and ivy from Gumi's Bad Box.  At that I got a touch of the Ophelia's and raided the jewellery box for more flower adornments.   I couldn't go past Eshi Otawara's Sunflower necklace and earrings.

Like many of you I love a funky pair of socks, tights or stockings and after discovering Pig, I now have my favorite, being the Peacock Socks.  They are so well drawn because the wrinkles, creases and shading are so realistic.  So get some pork on your fork and check out  Pig :-)

My heroine, onyx leshelle, whom I have never met but admire for her ability to recreate RL fashion in SL to an incredible standard via her Maitreya empire, gave these shoes away as a group gift.  They come in a fantabulous array of colors and will come in very handy for mix 'n' matching outfits in the future. 

The Shopping List:
Hair:  Deena in Happy Blond from fri   
Skin:  Jesse in Sunkiss (Make Up 9) by Belleza
Eyes: Expressive Eyes in Green 2 by Nany Merlin
Dress Incl belt:  May Shower Dress from Stitch By Stitch
Shoes:  Maitreye Group Gift Pumps in Magenta
Stockings:  Peacock Tights by Pig
Hair Piece: Flower Crown by  Gumi's Bad Box
Earrings/Necklace: Sunflower created by Eshi Otawara
Nails: Color 1a from the Nail Station


BTW - I turned up, albeit late, to the press function to introduce the Miss Virtual World finalists.  My primary goal was  to support my friend Ella Quinsette who is Miss UK.  Having represented Australia last year, this competition is close to my heart and Ella Bella was there for me gee'ing me on via IM's that I couldn't miss her moment to shine, and shine she did.  In saying that, all the girls are gorgeous darlings and are deserving winners of the crown.  My personal favorite is Miss Ella however.  I have watched her over the last two years put her heart and soul into modeling and mentoring/upskilling new models and she is just the sweetest thing ever to walk  in two Stiletto Moody's.  Go Ella.  Permit me to indulge in a little Ella love with a piccie I took of her.





Anyway SLovers...have a safe, happy and prosperous week.  Death to all content thieves.  Well a serious maiming perhaps.  Which ever side of the fence you sat during the Artists' Voice and Step Up campaigns, it was lovely to see such passion and in a sense, unity, against those scum bags who steal other people talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment