Sunday, October 27, 2013

Haughty Houndstooth.


I'm loving the shop Little Bones and recently picked up this smart woolen jacket with houndstooth scarf called 'Liberty Cinched Coat'.  Considering that good fashion lay in the finer details, I love the slip of a leather belt with skull motif clinched in at the waist. Given in 1959, Christian Dior used the black and white houndstooth motif on a line of court shoes, many other fashion houses have since incorporated the print in their fashion lines over the years and was adopted by the upper class as a symbol of wealth.  I love the juxtaposition of the not so overly tailored cut of the woolen jacket with the scarf that is the epitome of high fashion couture.


I managed to find a houndstooth bag from IAF (Designer: Amber Swallowtail) and thought some short gloves would make a smart statement.  These were from Nemesis which is unfortunately now closed but regardless, there are heaps of great shops selling gloves.  I wore two tone tights in black and grey from Sleeping Koala. You'll see in the shoe shot below that the tights are one color in the front and another in the back.


I wanted ear clips rather than dangly ones that would be hidden in the scarf and wore 'Voyante Plain Ear Clips' that are color change from Je Suis.  My bangle is called 'Stone Age' from Gizza.  My neat little bun is from Paper Couture....make me more of these PC PLEASE.  Your texturing of the tattoo layer hair is second to none.


Now are these not a work of art?  I LOVE my GOS 'Storm Sandals to bits.

LINKAGES:

HAIR: Parted Hair With Messy Bouffant Bun from Paper Couture
SKIN: Liv in Pale tone (make up #7) by Redgrave
LIP TATTOO: Berry from Liv make up by Redgrave
EYES: Gem Eyes in Blue (mesh) by Crash Republic
COAT: Liberty Cinched Coat from Little Bones
TIGHTS: Two Tone Tights by Sleeping Koala @ Marketplace
GLOVES: Fabulous Gloves by Nemesis (Designer: Calypso Clip) - no longer operating
BAG: PB Dogstooth Satchel Bag from IAF
SHOES: Storm Sandals by GOS
BRACELET: Stone Age by Gizza
EARRINGS: Voyante Plain Ear Clips by Je Suis

No comments:

Post a Comment