Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm Not Dead I'm Just Sad And Needed To Chill



I'm not one for divulging much about RL in SL because in a way, I consider this my sanctuary from my day-to-day existence. A wonderful existence I might add but one that is crazy busy and sometimes too hectic even for me. I haven't posted in a few days and thought I'd just check in to say that I've just taken a bit of time to digest my sad news...sad to me anyway. My doggie's got cancer and only has between two to six months before it takes her. To be honest, she really isn't my doggie, she's my baby, my best friend, my joy. Unfortunately it has progressed to the stage that it is essentially untreatable and while every part of me wants to try everything, my love for her is too great to let her suffer unnecessarily. I've chosen to give her quality of life rather than quantity. She's nearing 13 so while I hoped she would live into her late teens, age is against her.

I absolutely want to make these last months as peaceful, comfortable and loving as I possibly can but I know after I make the decision that enough is enough, I'll be heart broken.

So if you could send positive affirmations to my darling one, I'd be so grateful. I now have to shake off the sadness and just enjoy the moments.

Here I am in my favorite bed from Dutchie. I really love this bed Froukje and the creases in the cover are such a wonderful touch.

Anyway lovely people, take care and I'll be back to share some of my favorite things soon. I had a Truth shop-a-thon the other day buying some of the styles around the sides and back of the store. OMG he has some brilliant hair apart from his new releases that I hadn't seen before. This shaggy style is called Valena in Swedish.

My wish for the week in SL.....WEAR MORE HATS.


11 comments:

  1. awww... I understand what you're going through...

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs you*

    I've been through it and I know how much it hurts. That sucks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temperance MoonitesJuly 12, 2010 at 5:19 AM

    My darling Chalice, I know exactly how you feel. My thoughts go out to you, your family, and your precious doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post brought tears to my eyes, I feel your sadness... take care of you and your doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been through this same thing. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Some advice, if I may be so bold:
    1. Spend every moment you have left with your baby. After, it still won't seem like you did enough.
    2. Be there at the end. It will feel like someone is ripping out your soul, but one day you will be glad you were there to comfort her in those final moments.
    3. Take plenty of time out for yourself after, have tissues, take something like advil, drink lots of water.
    4. Ignore anyone who would say: "It was just an animal".

    When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran

    My very best to you and your pup, may your time together be filled with many wonderful moments and much love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I am so sorry! I know what its like and have one that is aging as well. *Hugs* to you and your baby. Nothing will make it easier so just enjoy each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Chalice, so sorry to hear that! I really don't know what to say to make it all better, but here's a big hug to you and your baby! And enjoy the precious moments together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad news indeed. I have a 15yo Burmese who, like your pup, was my first 'baby' -- so I can completely relate to your sentiments. They are soooo much more than just 'pets' as they take on human qualities and become our best friends. Hugs all 'round xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Ysabel, Em, Tempi, SweetDeb, Rylie, Whispers, LisaMun and Arialle.

    Your words and the sentiment behind them felt like a warm hug to my little one and I. Here's a hug back for your respective losses. Your words really do help : -)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chalice, I am a frequent reader, but have never posted before.

    I was really moved by your post about your pup. I've gone through this as well, several times, and am there right now too... my one female cat, my baby girl, has just been diagnosed with kidney disease.

    One thing I did that helped a lot later on was to make sure I had a photo, something that made me smile, where my pet looked happy and content. It hurt to look at while each of them were ill, but after they were gone the pictures helped me remember the good times and the love and fun I had with each of them.

    Hugs to you and your baby, my thoughts are with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much India. I'm so sorry you're going through it with your baby too.

    Wonderful idea about the photo...I have been videoing her doing the things she loves. I just sit there and film her when she sleeps.

    Thank you for taking the time to share that with me India...big hugs and my thoughts are indeed with you.

    ReplyDelete