Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pink Fantasy.


While SL offers us unlimited choices in cutting edge couture, some days I like to indulge in some overt fantasy fashion that makes me feel, well, pretty.  No one offer's more selection in this genre than Boudoir.  Just take a walk around the cavernous store and you'll see wall upon wall of fairy tale dresses that defies the constraints of RL fashion in many ways.  I loved the powdery pink and soft grey colors and mille feuille skirt  and kind of reminds me of that scene in 'Sex And The City' where Carrie is waiting for Alexander Petrovsky to come home and she's laying on the bed in that fabulous Versace Seafoam princess dress, my favorite of all of her outfits.  This dress called 'Bonjour' has the added little surprise of ants strategically placed around the skirt...who would have thought?  At $350L, this Boudoir beauty is a steal.


Restraint is not what I'm aiming for here so the Donna Flora 'Cristiana Hat' and Mandala pearls add to my OTT look.

The skin was purchased at the Love Donna Flora event as Pink Fuel's contribution of the Doll skin in Porcelain.  I added a bit of extra drama by way of the Dulce Secrets 'Silver Ore' eye shadow make up tattoo.


No other shoes but my Eva Slingbacks from the Baby Collection by Gos would do.

To skin makers who put Slink hand and feet appliers in with your skins, you ROCK.  ROCK I tell you.

I wanted to have a word about blogs.  It appears, well to me anyway, there has been a blogging explosion and of course that means competition.  While competition is great and encourages us to be better, it does make it difficult for your blog to stand out from the rest.  I just keep my head down and bum up, not worrying too much about what other people are doing but it seems to me one of the most important things is to get yourself linked in with as many fashion feeds as possible.  I've noticed that a few of the fashion feeds are linked with inactive blogs and while the standard of those blogs is high, why keep a blog when the bloggers aren't blogging anymore?  I know some of us work like crazy to keep fresh and informative and I for one, despite periodic applications, cannot seem to get Chalice In Wonderland linked to some of the premier feeds.  It would be nice to at least be told 'No your blog is not what we are looking for' and at least one would know.  Please hard working fashion feed owners, let go of some of the blogs that haven't posted for months and freshen up your feeds with active blogs or at the very least, provide us with an answer as to why you won't include us. 

 WHERE TO GO:

HAIR: Hope in Frosted Pink by LaViere
SKIN: Doll in Porcelain by Pink Fuel
EYESHADOW TATTOO: Silver Ore by Dulce Secrets
EYES: Sunrise Eyes in Pale Grey by IKON
HANDS: By Slink
POLISH: French Manicure Pastels Set by Nailed It
DRESS: Bonjour by Boudoir
HAT: Cristiana by Donna Flora
SHOES: Eva Slingbacks (Baby Collection) by Gos
EARRINGS, NECKLACE AND BRACELETS: Pearl Rain in Rose Pink by Mandala
LOCATION:  The Beguiled Art Gallery and Studio at Kakapo

No comments:

Post a Comment