Monday, September 30, 2013

Berry's Autumn Challenge.


I do enjoy participating in Berry's challenges/meme's and this one was no exception because it gave me an excuse, as if I need one, to go out shopping to find my interpretation of an autumn outfit.  Getting out and about using the in-world search option certainly takes me to some strange places.  But I love to meet new people and see new things and that's why I love SL so much.

I ended up at the wonderful clothing house Legal Insanity.  Their stuff is insane, insanely great.  I purchased this mink coat (faux of course) and the beautifully pleated trousers both in chocolate.  To liven things up and add some autumn colors, I purchased a gold scarf from NC Paris and brought out my JD Design Hearty Clutch in sand.  I also popped on the Nikki strappy heels from Redgrave and color changed them to gold.


I'm wearing the new release hair from Truth called 'Felicity'....a winner Mr Hawks.


It wasn't until I brought up Berry's blog for the link that I realized we went to the same place to take our pics, being 'Small Town Green'.  It was the autumn-iest place I could think of at the time so sorry Berry.

Anyway, on to the meme:

1. Is autumn your favorite season? Why or why not?
No it's not my favorite season but I do love it when the tree's turn russet.  I don't like cleaning the leaves up all the time though.  My favorite season is definitely summer.  I should have been born in Fiji or Bali or some other tropical locale.  I thrive in tropical heat but on the other hand, I've only holidayed in really hot and humid countries.  I don't know how I'd go living, going to work, shopping etc.  Its much more fun laying by the pool asking Ketut for a Mai Tai.

2. Do you call it autumn or fall?
Well being from Australia, we don't call it fall although we should with all the bloody leaves I've picked up this season.

3. What kind of weather does your area get during this season?
I just checked on-line for this information and converted it so it makes sense.  Our autumn is in March, April and May with an average temperature in Melbourne of 16.5 ℃ (61.7 ℉).  What I think is so amazing about nature is the fact that these months are usually windy which blows the leaves from the tree's.  Someone knew what they were doing when they created this planet.

4. What color do you associate with autumn?
Russet tones probably because I have a lot of red maples and liquid amber's at home.

5. Which autumn themed sim is your favorite at the moment?
I can only remember Small Town Green but I know there must be heaps more I've yet to discover.

STYLE:

HAIR: Felicity in Light Blondes by Truth
SKIN: Ava in Pale tone by Belleza
EYES: Perspective Eyes in Dew by IKON (purchased at The Liaison Collaborative)
HANDS: By Slink
POLISH: Metallic Nails by Izzies
JACKET: Vale Mink Fur Coat by Legal Insanity
PANTS: Winter Chic Trousers in Chocolate by Legal Insanity
SHOES: Nikki Heels by Redgrave
BAG: Hearty Clutch in Sand by JD Design
SCARF:Chic Scarf in Gold by NC Paris
EARRINGS: Forgotten Love Opal earrings from Bliensen and Mai Tai
RINGS: Melissa Rings in Orange/Red/Yellow by Bens Beauty

1 comment:

  1. lol why are you apologizing? :P It's a beautiful sim and your pictures are gorgeous! Thank you so much for participating. <3

    ReplyDelete